Monday, August 9, 2010

The Quest to Understand

I've always valued listening to and trying to understand other people, as well as appreciating and encouraging their individuality.

Identifying with others and emphasizing similarities has always been my style, yet learning about people's differences is quite fascinating to me. Understanding and creating my own personal identity is very important, and fun for me, but as I have explored my own motivations, outlook, emotions, habits, and interests I can't help wondering what other people's personal experience of life is like, and rather enjoy the mind-blowing revelations of different ways of approaching life.

I suppose you could say that one of the prominent aspects of my own personality is the desire to understand. I want to understand other people. I want to understand society. I want to understand the world - how things work, why things are the way they are, and how all this works together.

I've started this new blog as a precursor to a project I've long wanted to put together - a website that brings together and compares many different theories on Personality. There are a lot of different ideas and tests out there which don't necessarily speak to eachother. Being a personality quiz junkie myself, I've always rather wished I could find a one-stop page with information and tons of links to all kinds of different theories, profiles, and quizes. I also tend to do a lot of thinking and writing about personality traits and decided it might be nice to bring all those random bits together into one place.

I plan to include links to different sites I find, both serious and silly, and provide some information on different theories that I study up on, along with my own ramblings. I may post some of my own results from different quizes - probably along with an analysis - but I don't intend this to just be about me - it's about investigating personalities in general. I think I may repost some things here that I have posted elsewhere just to gather them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment